The ZyGEM Blood kits is a simple enzymatic DNA extraction system specifically optimised to overcome the PCR inhibition commonly found with single tube extraction protocols for blood. It is ideal for high throughput genotyping applications, PCR applications, or SNP detection: whenever rapid results are required.
- The kit uses optimized methods and formulations to provide DNA in 20 minutes.
- The method uses a single centrifugation step and does not rely on washes, beads or columns
- Reactions are closed-tube and hands-off.
- All buffers and reagents are PCR compatible, so no downstream purification is required.
These features make prepGEM™ Blood ideal for large-scale automation in medical research workflows. The few steps and simple methodology of prepGEM™ Blood allow easy adaptation to most liquid handling platforms for full or partial automation. This allows for walk-away capability or parallel processing of thousands of samples per day.
Downloadable PDF files
- ZyGEM method optimisation (PDF 799k)
- Optimising blood extractions (PDF 341k)
- Quantification of ZyGEM extracted DNA using fluorescent dyes (PDF 556k)
- DNA extraction from avian blood (PDF 607k)
- forensicGEM Blood QuickStart Guide (PDF 710k)
- prepGEM Blood Quickstart Guide (PDF 705k)
- forensicGEM MSDS (PDF 182k)
- prepGEM MSDS (PDF 181k)